Red Brick and Terracotta Waterproof Sealant
- Waterproofing porous building surfaces has many benefits:
- Significantly increases the life of treated materials
- Limits the growth of moss and algae
- Helps to control efflorescence (the leaching of salts from bricks)
- Improves heat retention and reduces dampness in buildings
- Easier removal of graffiti
- Reduces the sensitivity of freeze-thaw cycles
Waterproof Red Brick and Terracotta Sealer is suitable for all types of porous building materials especially bricks, terracotta, unglazed floor tiles, tile grouting, concrete blocks, paths, foundations, roof tiles, fibrolite, Summerhill and Oamaru stone, sealing concrete fish ponds. It is ideal for all types of brick including red and dark brown bricks.
This sealer is specifically formulated for the long term protection and stabilising of most building materials and facades. It offers outstanding resistance to ageing agents such as freeze-thaw, ultraviolet rays etc.
Note: For concrete walls, floors, pads and other non coloured porous masonry Kiwicare NO Leaks Masonry Waterproof Sealer is a suitable option.
- Ensure surfaces to be treated, particularly slate and tile, are free from resins, polishes or surface coatings which may react with the white spirits.
- Fill in any cracks more than 0.3mm wide. Wait 28 days before treating new masonry.
- Water blasting – wait 3 days after water blasting. Wait 24hours after rain.
- Mask or screen glass and aluminium surfaces prior to treatment
- Mix 1 part of Waterproof Red Brick and Terracotta Sealer with 9 parts Waterproof Solvent or similar. ( available in 1 litre and 5 litre sizes). Do not dilute with water.
Coverage will vary from 2-5sq metres per litre dependent upon the absorbency potential of the material being treated. As a general guideline 1 litre of mixed material will be required for each three metres to be treated.
Waterproof Red Brick and Terracotta Sealer can be applied using brush, roller or spray. To achieve maximum wall repellencey always apply the product until rundown occurs. One coat is generally all that is required but on very porous materials a second coat may be applied as soon as the first one has lost its shiny appearance.
Note: Use with Waterproof Solvent or similar, cannot be mixed with water.
- Sprayers should be fitted with solvent resistant hoses and gaskets.
- Spray on glass, aluminium, paint, spectacles must be cleaned with white spirits immediately.
- Painting over Treated Surfaces
- Treated surfaces can be painted by following a few guidelines.
- Thin down water based paints as little as possible.
- Always use a good undercoat before applying oil based paints
- Test on an inconspicuous area first
Sizes Available: 250ml, 500ml, 1L, 5L
Active Ingredients: Alkylpolysiloxane Oligomer
Registration: HSNO Approval Code: HSR0002495
Read the First Aid and Safety precautions on the label.
Eye Contact - Flush eyes with running water for 15 minutes holding eyelids open.
Inhalation - Avoid inhalation of spray mist. Operator should move to an area of fresh air.
Skin Contact - Wash affected area with soap and water.
Swallowed - Do not induce vomiting, drink 1-2 glasses of milk or water.
Obtain medical advice immediately.
If any ill effects persist call a doctor.
Spills And Disposal
Wear protective clothing. Contain spill and absorb with Sand, Soil or absorbent granules. Do not allow product or washings to enter the waterways or sewer.
Handling And Storage
Store in original container in a cool, dry ventilated place, away from direct heat or sunlight. Store away from foodstuffs, children and animals. Keep container sealed when not in use.
Link to MSDS